Sony A6300

- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

neur0

neur0

Guru Member

• Grup: Senior Members
[ https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Fq_HCCTk_3U?feature=oembed - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

Though it took some time to figure out the best AF settings for wakeboarding, I was largely impressed with the a6300's hit rate of in-focus images at 8 fps. Sony's subject tracking system ('Zone' in the video above) also meant I didn't need to keep a tight AF point precisely over my subject: the camera automatically chose appropriate points to maintain focus on my subject.

I found keeping my focus area set to either the 'Flexible Spot' (Medium or Large) or 'Zone' gave me the best results. With the camera set to Continuous AF, I simply panned and kept my AF point or cluster of points over the subject. The larger AF areas gave me some room for error in placement, and the camera took care of the rest by automatically picking appropriate AF points within my selected region to stay on the subject.

Assuming I locked focus at the beginning of the burst, which the a6300 often did, my hit rate was good. I also briefly tried using lock-on AF, where the camera uses a more sophisticated pattern matching system to identify and track a subject around the frame. In my few attempts, the a6300 did a decent job maintaining focus while also tracking wakeboarders through a relatively simple scene (though I wonder whether the a6300's pattern matching system is specific enough for more complicated scenarios, a problem we've encountered before).

As I mentioned earlier, one of the very first things I did when handed the camera was re-assign the AF/MF button to 'Eye AF' and the 'AEL' button to 'AF On'. A small toggle on the back of the camera lets you choose which of the two functions the button executes. So when I had a human subject, like in the portrait above, I simply flipped the toggle to 'Eye AF' and held the button down until the a6300 locked focus on the model's eyes (Eye AF - and the camera in general - is far more useful in AF-C, by the way). For non-human subjects, I flipped the switch back to 'AF On' and went back to shooting with my selected AF point or area.

When using E-mount lenses, Eye AF performed extremely well, on par with the excellent performance we observed from the Sony a7R II. And like the a7R II, in scenes with multiple faces, you can simply hold down the Eye AF button while placing your selected AF point over your desired subject to prioritize that person (you can even recompose freely if you're in AF-C). However it is worth noting that Eye AF performance (ability to find an eye) and accuracy on the a6300 seemed to drop slightly when I tested it using the 85mm F1.4 G Master lens.
http://www.dpreview....ws/sony-a6300/6

neur0

neur0

Guru Member

[ https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/MkQ0gaSuMpY?feature=oembed - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

mircea812

mircea812

Ma gandeam sa cumpar camera pentru video. Am auzit de problema (incalzirea camerei) aste dar nu credeam ca e asa''activa''.

[ https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/Vn4F_ObfLpc?feature=oembed - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

Edited by mircea812, 01 September 2016 - 07:41.

mircea812

mircea812

Stie careva daca la 120fps mai functioneaza auto-focusul la video?

Greu de gasit informatia.

Anunturi

Bun venit pe Forumul Softpedia!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate