pelerinaj in Balcik

English Practice

- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

Stars

Stars

• Grup: Members
First time I've seen this part of the forum I immediately thought you guys were opening a series of English Language threads. Don't get me wrong, theory is good but why shouldn't we practice it? Wouldn't it be a good idea if we made an "All crap, no topic" thread?
How many of us pretend they know English? How many like it so much they feel the need to practice it? And how many feel they can exercise their humour in English? :naughty: Wouldn't it be...worthy of the "English Language"
section this kind of a thread? Romanian gossip, Romanian hot topics, Romanian humour, all of them or any other kind of a subject talked about in English...right here.
If this idea appeals to you, feel free to post. If no one likes my proposal, then I must ask the Administrator to delete it.
So, what's your opinion on the lines above? :)

arty

arty

• Grup: Banned
There IS an English based forum hosted by Softpedia. It's called "theBoard" or something like that. Not very popular thou...

so, you wanna chit/chat 'bout nothing, eh? why dont you start then and watch the goingons? anyway I assume a weak interest in this but it's worth a try... good luck

addicted

addicted

• Grup: Senior Members
well, i write crap all over the forum,i guess i wouldnt mind also writing it here from time to time.

shumilica

shumilica

this is not a way of getting romanians to practice english: telling them to say anything 'couse here is about nothin. You have to give them a subject to debate on, so they will feel motivated to post.

martzafoi_

martzafoi_

Stars, please give us something interesting to talk about, and maybe we'll be interested, who knows?   :P

Zazie

Zazie

This is lovely! Where is knifeboy? We need some intervention on Stars. You are going down dude!

don_dannielo

don_dannielo

Bah! Are we more than dumb sheep?

There is around here a bus driver who forgot to turn right, and he generated a 950-page discussion about his mistake.

Try to beat that!  B)

evilone

evilone

don_dannielo, on Jul 11 2005, 10:57, said:

There is around here a bus driver who forgot to turn right, and he generated a 950-page discussion about his mistake.

Try to beat that!  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That discussion is hardly about the mistake.

Mosotti

Mosotti

Geniu umil

whatta heck is this, the central sewer system? oh my god, my knife is soaked in crap and I can see it's beginning to rust, so maybe I'll get tetanus when I'm gonna shove it through my ugly ears. the good news is I'll be dead, because life sucks and I blow  :death:

Zazie

Zazie

Knifeboy is in action! Central sewer system. Ha ha ha.

Stars

Stars

Wow! 9 posts in two days, on a no-topic (..yet!) thread!! This, I can bragg with..given the fact that there are older threads with less then 4 (four) posts. Nice!
Ok. Now, let's get down to business. You want a subject to chat about.
Everytime some shit happens in Romania or elsewhere there are always some Romanian wits (that accidentally live nextdoor or even in the room next to mine's) that have to twist everything up, make a big fuss over it,  involve the freemasonry. Nothing escapes the Conspiracy Theory. The kidnapping of our 3 journalists was part of a bigger, meaner, dark plan. The war in Iraq is more than meets the eye. The death of the Pope wasn't really a "natural" one...etc. So, what do you think? Is there a small group of old, decrepit grandpa's that are actually ruling the world and manipulating us completely in believing vivid-like, complicated storied that are fabricated just for preventing us from finding out the pure truth? Who believes in the Conspiracy Theory?

(please note that the first objective of this thread is helping you all practice your English. this can be more efficient than the boring English classes at school)

Penn

Penn

I think this is boring as well... maybe if someone would correct the posts and told us what is wrong, it would make it much more interesting and exciting...

You should start with my post...

Edited by Penn, 11 July 2005 - 22:43.

Rodeo

Rodeo

"Oh, my God, they've killed Kenny!"
"The Canadian Gouvernment allready appologized for Brian Adams!"

HAH, I realy wanted to say that but it never was a good time! Thanks!

Edited by Rodeo, 12 July 2005 - 01:02.

Stars

Stars

Penn, on Jul 11 2005, 22:42, said:

I think this is boring as well... maybe if someone would correct the posts and told us what is wrong, it would make it much more interesting and exciting...

You should start with my post...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, "if someone would...,it would make it..." Rule: never use would after if. You intended to use the 2nd type of Conditional, so it should have looked like this: "If someone corrected the posts and told us what is wrong, it would make it much more interesting and exciting". I know that it doesn't sound 100% natural for a Romanian ear, but it's the correct choice :)

Stars

Stars

Rodeo, on Jul 12 2005, 00:53, said:

"Oh, my God, they've killed Kenny!"
"The Canadian Gouvernment allready appologized for Brian Adams!"
HAH, I realy wanted to say that but it never was a good time! Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rodeo, good words of wisdom, but as requested I must to show you that you don't know how to write in English :)
1. Gouvernment [wrong] - Government [correct]
2. allready [wrong] - already [correct]
3. appologized [wrong] - drop a "p" :)

PS: I tought for a full semester in College practice and I hated is every single day I went to do it because it is the most boring job on the planet. I just wanted to practice my English, but because I'm so new here, I haven't seen that we already have an entire forum in English. So, I'm too lazy to strive to convince you to stay here or to act as a thread-starter. Therefore, if you don't feel like thinking in English then c'ya...  Bye children!
:)

Penn

Penn

Stars, on Jul 12 2005, 13:09, said:

Rodeo, good words of wisdom, but as requested I must to show you that you don't know how to write in English :)

PS: I tought for a full semester in College practice and I hated is every single day I went to do it because it is the most boring job on the planet. I just wanted to practice my English, but because I'm so new here, I haven't seen that we already have an entire forum in English. So, I'm too lazy to strive to convince you to stay here or to act as a thread-starter. Therefore, if you don't feel like thinking in English then c'ya...  Bye children!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please don't leave... It felt good that you've corrected my post and you've prooved to me that I was wrong. Are there any mistakes now?

I never heard about the rule not to use would after if... so I can really say I've learned something useful here.

Tell us more about yourself...

Mosotti

Mosotti

Geniu umil

Stars, on Jul 12 2005, 12:53, said:

Ok, "if someone would...,it would make it..." Rule: never use would after if. You intended to use the 2nd type of Conditional, so it should have looked like this: "If someone corrected the posts and told us what is wrong, it would make it much more interesting and exciting". I know that it doesn't sound 100% natural for a Romanian ear, but it's the correct choice :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's an interesting observation. does this rule apply to american english as well?

gtk

gtk

Guru Member

Stars, on Jul 12 2005, 13:09, said:

PS: I tought for a full semester in College practice and I hated is every single day I went to do it because it is the most boring job on the planet. I just wanted to practice my English, but because I'm so new here, I haven't seen that we already have an entire forum in English. So, I'm too lazy to strive to convince you to stay here or to act as a thread-starter. Therefore, if you don't feel like thinking in English then c'ya...  Bye children!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. must to - nu merge .. doar must
2. "don't know how to" nu e gresit dar se poate folosi si "can't" (e vorba de o aptitudine precum reading, swimming, cooking, etc.)
3. tought? probabil "taught " vroiai sa zici
4. cu "in College practice" nu prea merge... daca vroiai sa zici ca ai predat la un colegiu spuneai "at a college" ... "practice"- la ce te referi?
5. "is" nu merge acolo...vroaiai sa zici "it"? mai departe nu prea am inteles restul frazei... ai facut-i pt. ca era cea mai plictisitoare meserie? de fapt... ai predat sau ai invatat?

Anunturi

Neurochirurgie minim invazivă Neurochirurgie minim invazivă

"Primum non nocere" este ideea ce a deschis drumul medicinei spre minim invaziv.

Avansul tehnologic extraordinar din ultimele decenii a permis dezvoltarea tuturor domeniilor medicinei. Microscopul operator, neuronavigația, tehnicile anestezice avansate permit intervenții chirurgicale tot mai precise, tot mai sigure. Neurochirurgia minim invazivă, sau prin "gaura cheii", oferă pacienților posibilitatea de a se opera cu riscuri minime, fie ele neurologice, infecțioase, medicale sau estetice.

www.neurohope.ro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate