Permis de conducere nou

Sony PS3 BD Remote Power Fix

- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

superarcan

superarcan

• Grup: Members
Ok, for 3-4 weeks i try to find a solution to power problem of PS3 BD Remote, not a result, so i decide to do it myself .
Power problem of PS3 BD Remote: when used in windows, the remote is all time connected and don't enter to sleep mode/ Sniff mode like when used with PS3 console. This reduce battery life time from 3-4..6mounth to 1-2 week top.

Application is not a plug-in, it is an exe and is very very beta. If prove to work well , i make it more cool/usable.

I test on: Windows XP 32bit , Microsoft Bluetooth stack, last eventghost and last version of PS3 plug-in.
   Plz test in other configurations, but Windows 7 i do not think it work, and also with other stack i do not think it work.
The app when run check to see if 5 min pass from the last time you use the remote and if so try to put it to sleep.

the usage @ BDRemotePowerFix:
download and unzip all components in one folder
run BDRemotePowerFix.exe, when all work fine it start writing back

the output @ BDRemotePowerFix:
[bt] Search for BD Remote...
[bt] BD Remote found.
[D] Search for BD Remote...
[D] BD Remote found.
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
[bt] BD Remote is awake.
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
Loop...
BD Remote put to sleep.
Loop...
[bt] BD Remote sleeping.
Loop...
Loop...

remarks:
the loop time is according to status of device (longer -60s when in "sleep mode" , shorter -20s when awake)
if u see a short black window flashing when try to run, this mean a exceptions is throw. Please open the application from a cmd/dos window and read (coppy and replay here the exceptions text).
if u see:
Loop...
BD Remote put to sleep.
Loop...
[bt] BD Remote sleeping.
Loop...
BD Remote put to sleep.
Loop...
[bt] BD Remote sleeping.
Loop...
BD Remote put to sleep.
Loop...
[bt] BD Remote sleeping.
this mean u use an application like HIP who block access to device so can't be put to sleep, to confirm this stop your application and try to run my app.

The app can interact/disturb with other bluetooth HID device, like mouse , keyboard ...
In eventghost log some error must appear. is ok like this.

Work well with EventGhost.
Don't work with HIP.

if all work fine i make this a windows service or a systray application.
PLZ ck to see if life of battery is better and replay.
PLZ feedback.

Attached Files

superarcan

superarcan

Ok i transform the BDRemotePowerFix in BDRemotePowerManager.
BD Remote Power Manager 1.0.1 put PS3 BD Remote to sleep mode / sniff mode, after a time of inactivity to save battery life and show status of remote in systray.
Application work in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (tested only in 32bit env)
Application work ONLY with Microsoft Bluetooth Stack because it use 32feet.NET warpper. ( To use Microsoft Bluetooth Stack with your device on XP see here.)
Application work well with EventhGhost last version an last PS3 plugin.

HowTo Use:
At first run you need to setup Bluetooth address / Device of your BD remote: click on "Populate Items", wait to finish, the application try to find this data for you, if fail you must choose from lists.
After, you can change time in minutes to wait befor put to sleep the remote.
Now, you can start the loop with "Start" button. For any new changes (Bluetooth address, Device, time to wait) to take effect you need to stop and start the loop.
Application save the settings for late use.
Application can be minimize to systray icon and start like this when  "auto start at startup" option is used .

Systray icon change color from gray - loop not started, red - Awake, green - Slipping.
The "auto start at startup" option is to start looping when application start, is not connected with windows startup. For application to run at windows startup you need to set this manual.
The application:
- show in main window a log with all operations.
- have build-in UAC manifest to can easy run with full rights (need to manage devices), and MUST be run with full rights.  
- make use of treading to work and interact with users in same time.

Note:
This application:
- can interact with other HID Bluetooth device like: Bluetooth Mouse, Bluetooth Keyboard.
- is not working with some applications that block device like HIP.
--------------------------------------------------------------
An AnaAreMere Project.

Attached Files

Edited by superarcan, 09 February 2010 - 04:06.

superarcan

superarcan

Soon hope, the BDRemotePowerManager will support also Widcomm Bluetooth Stack (depend on 32Feet.Net: http://files.cnblogs...m-Broadcom.doc)
In some cases the application put to sleep remote after X min from Awake and not from last time a key was pressed (need more debug to see reason).
The icons are easy to mistake with bluetooth stack  icon (If someone can help with a set of icons in 3 color all windows request dimension with Sony PS logo and / or Remote and / or  Bluetooth)
Try to find a way to get last HID device input without disturb other applications access to resource,  so i can read battery level (if someone can help, Please).
My English is very bad, so please correct me.
I wait for more feedback in this forum.

Anunturi

Chirurgia cranio-cerebrală minim invazivă Chirurgia cranio-cerebrală minim invazivă

Tehnicile minim invazive impun utilizarea unei tehnologii ultramoderne.

Endoscoapele operatorii de diverse tipuri, microscopul operator dedicat, neuronavigația, neuroelectrofiziologia, tehnicile avansate de anestezie, chirurgia cu pacientul treaz reprezintă armamentarium fără de care neurochirurgia prin "gaura cheii" nu ar fi posibilă. Folosind tehnicile de mai sus, tratăm un spectru larg de patologii cranio-cerebrale.

www.neurohope.ro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate