Macbook Air si email Clicknet

- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

dom3544

dom3544

• Grup: Members
Hello,
I am writing in English as I am not Romanian but leaving here in Bucharest.

My problem is the following:
I have internet with Clicknet and an address email: [email protected].
If I use a PC with IE, I can consult my email without problem.
If I use my Macbook Air, with Safari or Firefox or Opera, I cannot login in my Clicknet account.
Also impossible to create an account using email or Entourage.
Same with my iPhone I cannot configure the account as Yahoo or Gmail.
I have written to the Romtelecom support  and no positive answer from them, no solution.

Is somebody able to help me. I guess I am not the only one using Mac and wishing to check email from Clicknet.

Multumesc pentru ajutor.

Centris

Centris

View Postdom3544, on Aug 12 2008, 10:06, said:

Hello,
I am writing in English as I am not Romanian but leaving here in Bucharest.

My problem is the following:
I have internet with Clicknet and an address email: [email protected].
If I use a PC with IE, I can consult my email without problem.
If I use my Macbook Air, with Safari or Firefox or Opera, I cannot login in my Clicknet account.
Also impossible to create an account using email or Entourage.
Same with my iPhone I cannot configure the account as Yahoo or Gmail.
I have written to the Romtelecom support  and no positive answer from them, no solution.

Is somebody able to help me. I guess I am not the only one using Mac and wishing to check email from Clicknet.

Multumesc pentru ajutor.

Hello dom3544,

I do not have a clicknet account but i believe others that may have will be more precise than me.
I have a few questions that might clear the things a bit for me.

Your internet access to the MacBook Air is provided via a wireless adapter that is connected to Clicknet?
Can you access the internet or is that not working as well?

What steps did you do with Apple Mail? Were the steps succesful? I remember there are confirmations when you fill out
the credentials for the mail account. Did some of them work ok, or all the checks failed?

The iPhone also have some checks when definig the mail account. Did those give you any feedback?

I am not familiar with Entourage, but the settings should not differ much.

dom3544

dom3544

View PostCentris, on Aug 12 2008, 11:24, said:

Hello dom3544,

I do not have a clicknet account but i believe others that may have will be more precise than me.
I have a few questions that might clear the things a bit for me.

Your internet access to the MacBook Air is provided via a wireless adapter that is connected to Clicknet?
Can you access the internet or is that not working as well?

What steps did you do with Apple Mail? Were the steps succesful? I remember there are confirmations when you fill out
the credentials for the mail account. Did some of them work ok, or all the checks failed?

The iPhone also have some checks when definig the mail account. Did those give you any feedback?

I am not familiar with Entourage, but the settings should not differ much.

Thank you so much Centris for your fast reply,

So, I have a wifi connection  with my MBA which is working well. If I connect to Safari it is working perfectly if I want to see my diferent email accounts.
With Clicknet email account login they specify me that I must have a specific application in order to open the webmail server.
For iPhone when I configure the account with Pop3: mail.clicknet.ro and SMTP: mail.clicknet.ro (configuration I have had from Clicknet) I got the answer that it is impossible to be connected to the server.
Same answer for Apple mail and Entourage.

Only solution to get my Clicknet email is using PC with IE

Thanks

Centris

Centris

View Postdom3544, on Aug 12 2008, 13:51, said:

Thank you so much Centris for your fast reply,

So, I have a wifi connection  with my MBA which is working well. If I connect to Safari it is working perfectly if I want to see my diferent email accounts.
With Clicknet email account login they specify me that I must have a specific application in order to open the webmail server.
For iPhone when I configure the account with Pop3: mail.clicknet.ro and SMTP: mail.clicknet.ro (configuration I have had from Clicknet) I got the answer that it is impossible to be connected to the server.
Same answer for Apple mail and Entourage.

Only solution to get my Clicknet email is using PC with IE

Thanks

try this on iPhone, because it is the most simple approach

Settings-Mail-Add Account
Other
Select the POP button

put the credentials there with the username in complete form (user@domain, ie [email protected])
put the username and password as above both on incoming server as well as outgoing.

if that works, it is a good starting point.

hope that helps

dom3544

dom3544

View PostCentris, on Aug 12 2008, 14:01, said:

try this on iPhone, because it is the most simple approach

Settings-Mail-Add Account
Other
Select the POP button

put the credentials there with the username in complete form (user@domain, ie [email protected])
put the username and password as above both on incoming server as well as outgoing.

if that works, it is a good starting point.

hope that helps

I did that already and the answer is impossible to connect to the server.

x-ecutor

x-ecutor

I think a moderator should move this topic (leaving a trace behind) to the romtelecom area: u might get a faster answer there: http://forum.softped...p?showforum=332

I used macbook air with romtelecom (the modem was allready setup) and it worked just fine. However I never tried tried to use the email account from clicknet. Gmail is so much better :D.
Do you really need the clicknet account?

dom3544

dom3544

View Postx-ecutor, on Aug 12 2008, 14:26, said:

I think a moderator should move this topic (leaving a trace behind) to the romtelecom area: u might get a faster answer there: http://forum.softped...p?showforum=332

I used macbook air with romtelecom (the modem was allready setup) and it worked just fine. However I never tried tried to use the email account from clicknet. Gmail is so much better :D.
Do you really need the clicknet account?

Thanks X-ecutor,
Yes I use it as alternative solution but not very often.
Now the main problem is not to use Clicknet email address, but the principle to have something working whatever the system PC or Mac.
And mainly Romtelecom, provide you with the answer, Sorry we cannot help !!!

Edited by dom3544, 12 August 2008 - 14:12.

Centris

Centris

the error message you receive is about username and password that are wrong or is it about server not found/not responding?

what exactly did you write in the incoming and outgoing mail server field?

Edited by Centris, 12 August 2008 - 16:47.

dom3544

dom3544

View PostCentris, on Aug 12 2008, 17:47, said:

the error message you receive is about username and password that are wrong or is it about server not found/not responding?

what exactly did you write in the incoming and outgoing mail server field?

The message I receive back is "impossible to connect to the server or server not responding"

Concerning the configuration which was given by Clicknet helpdesk:
Server POP3
Login name: [email protected]
Password: XXXXXX
Incoming : mail.clicknet.ro
Outgoing : mail.clicknet.ro

Centris

Centris

View Postdom3544, on Aug 13 2008, 11:35, said:

The message I receive back is "impossible to connect to the server or server not responding"

Concerning the configuration which was given by Clicknet helpdesk:
Server POP3
Login name: [email protected]
Password: XXXXXX
Incoming : mail.clicknet.ro
Outgoing : mail.clicknet.ro

afaik, you will need to go to advanced and fill the username/passsword also on outgoing connections.

there must be something else going wrong on your side. i believe that your computer cannot
reach the clicknet server. maybe there's some firewall software that does not allow connections.
i have tried with a bogus account and of course, received the invalid login/password prompt.

can you try with a different wifi account? maybe a different computer? the iPhone works great for checking this.

Anunturi

Chirurgia cranio-cerebrală minim invazivă Chirurgia cranio-cerebrală minim invazivă

Tehnicile minim invazive impun utilizarea unei tehnologii ultramoderne.

Endoscoapele operatorii de diverse tipuri, microscopul operator dedicat, neuronavigația, neuroelectrofiziologia, tehnicile avansate de anestezie, chirurgia cu pacientul treaz reprezintă armamentarium fără de care neurochirurgia prin "gaura cheii" nu ar fi posibilă. Folosind tehnicile de mai sus, tratăm un spectru larg de patologii cranio-cerebrale.

www.neurohope.ro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate