Citate ateiste

- - - - -
  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
1072 replies to this topic

archaeus5

archaeus5

The voice of reason

• Grup: Senior Members
“I cannot understand why we idle discussing religion. If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality. ---  Paul Dirac

archaeus5

archaeus5

The voice of reason

“Science knows it doesn't know everything; otherwise, it'd stop. But just because science doesn't know everything doesn't mean you can fill in the gaps with whatever fairy tale most appeals to you.” -- Dara Ó Briain

kolfleading

kolfleading

Born to Raise Hell

No child under the age of fifteen should receive instruction in subjects which may possibly be the vehicle of serious error, such as philosophy, religion, or any other branch of knowledge where it is necessary to take large views; because wrong notions imbibed early can seldom be rooted out, and of all the intellectual faculties, judgment is the last to arrive at maturity. The child should give its attention either to subjects where no error is possible at all, such as mathematics, or to those in which there is no particular danger in making a mistake, such as languages, natural science, history and so on. And in general, the branches of knowledge which are to be studied at any period of life should be such as the mind is equal to at that period and can perfectly understand. Childhood and youth form the time for collecting materials, for getting a special and thorough knowledge of the individual and particular things. In those years it is too early to form views on a large scale; and ultimate explanations must be put off to a later date. The faculty of judgment, which cannot come into play without mature experience, should be left to itself; and care should be taken not to anticipate its action by inculcating prejudice, which will paralyze it for ever.

https://ebooks.adela...m/chapter6.html

kruger

kruger

Guru Member

• Grup: Moderators
Tocmai am dat de citatul asta si nu pot sa nu fiu de acord cu el :

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward then, brother, that person is a piece of ****  "  - Rustin Cohle (True Detective character)

jazzu

jazzu

Agent

It’s insulting to imply that only a system of rewards and punishments can keep you a decent human being. Isn’t it conceivable a person wants to be a decent human being because that way he feels better?

Isaac Asimov

archaeus5

archaeus5

The voice of reason

„Convingerile sunt inamicii adevărului, mai periculoase decât minciunile.” — Thomas Mann

kolfleading

kolfleading

Born to Raise Hell

"An atheist believes that a hospital should be built instead of a church. An atheist believes that deed must be done instead of prayer said. An atheist strives for involvement in life and not escape into death. He wants disease conquered, poverty vanished, war eliminated."
- Madalyn Murray O'Hair

jazzu

jazzu

Agent

"Unii oameni consideră că știința este arogantă, în special atunci când contrazice credințe adânc înrădăcinate sau când introduce concepte care contrazic bunul simț. [Știința] este ca un cutremur care ne zguduie convingerile, care dărâmă dogmele de care suntem atașați, și asta poate să deranjeze. Totuși eu cred că există umilință în știință. Oamenii de știință nu impun ceea ce vor ei Naturii, ei doar încearcă să întrebe cu umilință Natura și să ia în serios ceea descoperă."

-
Carl Sagan

jazzu

jazzu

Agent

"Nu există întrebări interzise în știință, nu există nimic prea sensibil sau prea delicat pentru a nu fi cercetat, nu există adevăruri sacre. Știința este deschisă la idei noi și, împreună cu un control sceptic riguros, ea poate cerne grâul de neghină."

- Carl Sagan

jazzu

jazzu

Agent

[ https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10348534_10152872756016605_6908836467898418612_n.png?oh=da1349ab6885a36afbde77a49fd5fd38&oe=54F8FB18&__gda__=1430711527_45c5fca63141b1f67a2b58d663c60662 - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

archaeus5

archaeus5

The voice of reason

With every step, every window that modern astrophysics has opened to our mind, the person who wants to feel like they’re the center of everything ends up shrinking. And for some people they might even find it depressing, I assert that if you were depressed after learning and being exposed to the perspective, you started your day with an unjustifiably large ego. You thought more highly of yourself than in fact the circumstances deserved. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Tinkerbelle

Tinkerbelle

Post Tenebras Lux

Cel mai trist aspect al vieţii actuale este că ştiinţa acumulează cunoştinte mai repede decât acumulează societatea înţelepciune.
Isaac Asimov

jazzu

jazzu

Agent

"Nu exista nici un da, dar si caricaturistii...Nu pot accepta argumentul ca ziaristii trebuie sa-si limiteze libertatea de exprimare pentru a menaja sensibilitati religioase, politice sau de alta natura."

- Dan Tapalaga

"Dacă din tot masacrul ăsta din Paris o să se înțeleagă numai că trebuie mai mult creștinism în fața islamului, în loc de cuget liber, și că idolul nostru e mai bun decât al lor, și că hai să dăm mai mult la biserici în fața barbarilor, în loc să încetăm să mai adorăm momâi inexistente, deși intolerante, atunci înseamnă că asasinii au câștigat."

- Dan Alexe

jazzu

jazzu

Agent

[ http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-i-love-science-and-it-pains-me-to-think-that-so-many-are-terrified-of-the-subject-or-feel-that-robert-sapolsky-264395.jpg - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

kolfleading

kolfleading

Born to Raise Hell

„Oameni buni! Avem nevoie de școli, de lumină, de cultură, nu de popi, de întuneric și de ignoranță, de exploatarea prostii omenești de către om. Dacă încercați vreodată sentimentul larg al expansiunii omenești, dați atunci pentru școli, căci școala va fi evanghelia viitorului!“

-- Constantin Thiron, 1912.

Andrei3001

Andrei3001

• Grup: Members
"Cuvantul Dumnezeu nu reprezinta pentru mine decat o expresie si un produs al slabiciunii umane. Biblia este pentru mine o colectie de legende onorabile, dar primitive si copilaresti. Nici o interpretare, oricat de subtila ar fi ea, nu-mi poate schimba aceasta perceptie. Pentru mine, religia evreiasca, la fel ca toate celelalte religii, este o intrupare a celor mai copilaresti superstitii.
Citeste mai mult pe REALITATEA.NET: http://www.realitate...l#ixzz3TcMxFw00
"
"Este, desigur, o minciuna ceea ce ati citit despre convingerile mele religioase, o minciuna care este repetata in mod sistematic. Nu cred intr-un Dumnezeu personal si niciodata nu m-am dezis de acest lucru, ci l-am exprimat clar. Daca exista ceva in mine care poate fi numit religios, atunci acel lucru este nemarginita admiratie pentru structura lumii, atat cat stiinta ne-a aratat-o pana acum." - Albert Einstein

kolfleading

kolfleading

Born to Raise Hell

The Tomb of Adam
by Mark Twain

The Greek chapel is the most roomy, the richest and the showiest chapel in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre. Its altar, like that of all the Greek churches, is a lofty screen that extends clear across the chapel, and is gorgeous with gilding and pictures. The numerous lamps that hang before it are of gold and silver, and cost great sums.

But the feature of the place is a short column that rises from the middle of the marble pavement of the chapel, and marks the exact centre of the earth.
To satisfy himself that this spot was really the centre of the earth, a skeptic once paid well for the privilege of ascending to the dome of the church, to see if the sun gave him a shadow at noon. He came down perfectly convinced. The day was very cloudy, and the sun threw no shadows at all; but the man was satisfied that if the sun had come out and made shadows, it could not have made any for him. Proofs like these are not to be set aside by the idle tongues of cavilers. To such as are not bigoted, and are willing to be convinced, they carry a conviction that nothing can ever shake.

If even greater proofs than those I have mentioned are wanted, to satisfy the headstrong and foolish that this is the genuine centre of the earth, they are here. The greatest of them lies in the fact that from under this very column was taken the dust from which Adam was made. This can surely be regarded in the light of a settler. It is not likely that the original first man would have been made from an inferior quality of earth, when it was entirely convenient to get first quality from the world's centre. This will strike any reflecting mind forcibly. That Adam was formed of dirt procured in this very spot, is amply proven by the fact that in six thousand years no man has ever been able to prove that the dirt was not procured here whereof he was made.

It is a singular circumstance that right under the roof of this same great church, and not far away from that illustrious column, Adam himself, the father of the human race, lies buried. There is no question that he is actually buried in the grave which is pointed out as his--there can be none--because it has never yet been proven that that grave is not the grave in which he is buried.

The tomb of Adam! How touching it was, here in a land of strangers, far away from home and friends and all who cared for me, thus to discover the grave of a blood-relation! True, a distant one, but still a relation. The unerring instinct of nature thrilled its recognition. The foundation of my filial affection was stirred to its profoundest depths, and I gave way to tumultuous emotion.

I leaned upon a pillar and burst into tears. I deem it no shame to have wept over the grave of my poor dead relative. Let him who would sneer at my emotion close this volume here, for he will find little to his taste in my journeyings through Holy Land. Noble old man--he did not live to see me--he did not live to see his child. And I--I--alas, I did not live to see him. Weight down by sorrow and disappointment, he died before I was born--six thousand brief summers before I was born. But let us try to bear it with fortitude. Let us trust that he is better off where he is. Let us take comfort in the thought that his loss is our eternal gain.

archaeus5

archaeus5

The voice of reason

We need to employ a secular approach to ethics, secular in the Indian sense of respecting all religious traditions and even the views of non-believers in an unbiased way. Secular ethics rooted in scientific findings, common experience and common sense can easily be introduced into the secular education system. If we can do that there is a real prospect of making this 21st century an era of peace and compassion.

Dalai Lama

Anunturi

Neurochirurgie minim invazivă Neurochirurgie minim invazivă

"Primum non nocere" este ideea ce a deschis drumul medicinei spre minim invaziv.

Avansul tehnologic extraordinar din ultimele decenii a permis dezvoltarea tuturor domeniilor medicinei. Microscopul operator, neuronavigația, tehnicile anestezice avansate permit intervenții chirurgicale tot mai precise, tot mai sigure. Neurochirurgia minim invazivă, sau prin "gaura cheii", oferă pacienților posibilitatea de a se opera cu riscuri minime, fie ele neurologice, infecțioase, medicale sau estetice.

www.neurohope.ro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate