- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply
359 replies to this topic

Mosotti

Mosotti

Geniu umil

• Grup: Senior Members

add, on Jul 17 2005, 01:42, said:

the old regime wouldn't gave them a 3room apartment unless they had a child ... so...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

of course my father being a moron  :death: he only got a 2room apartment. that prevented me to move, my muscles transformed into fat and no woman would touch me because they cannot find my abs. when I try co convince them that I too have abs but they are deep inside me, they just look at me in a weirdish way and run away. ok, I don't have the abs but I have a heart god damn it, and feelings and shit  :death:

un_oarecare

un_oarecare

Lemmy, on Jul 17 2005, 00:44, said:

zâmbete apăsabile sau smileyluri clicăibile?  :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Paraf®aza: emoticoane accesabile prin clic de maus! <_<
"Emoticon" exista in limba romana, a fost acceptat! -_-

Stars

Stars

• Grup: Members
If you're going offtopic, at least use an interesting grammar in your posts. Using present tense simple makes this thread an English version of Autobuzistu and we wouldn't want that, would we?

Mosotti

Mosotti

Geniu umil

emoticoni apasabili prin actionarea butonului sting al mausului

edit: I'm just a simple man living a simple present...

Edited by Mosotti, 17 July 2005 - 00:59.

add

add

un_oarecare, on Jul 17 2005, 01:56, said:

Paraf&reg;aza: emoticoane accesabile prin clic de maus! <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"emoticon" sounds.. well ... NASPA

Stars

Stars

un_oarecare, on Jul 17 2005, 00:56, said:

Paraf&reg;aza: emoticoane accesabile prin clic de maus! <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes but I've asked if you could give me a Romanian equivalent, using the same verbal forms, i.e. adjective+noun :)

Mosotti

Mosotti

Geniu umil

it's like translating creanga into english put on reverse: the horror

active95

active95

Guru Member

Askin' too much ya'll  :lol: .. Emoticon is a american term.
Only po' uneducated folk from US would come up with this mash up of terms which btw wouldn't  make any sense in queen's british, ya know ( noun+ adj + + + :lol:  :lol: )

:wave:

arty

arty

• Grup: Banned

Rodeo, on Jul 16 2005, 10:58, said:

Well, I love English... I just saw some pictures taken by a squad car camera and then from a helli camera. A guy had taken hostage a woman and now was speeding on the freeway. When he was stopped the police freed the hostage and the felon was taken into custody. As the officers struggeld to handcuff him, the TV comentator sid that "...the law was laid down hard on him". As far as I could see from the fast movement of the officer's elbows the law realy was laid down a little bit harder than usual and by that I mean that it looked like cop baton harder.

Arty, I wait for your comments. Don't mind the spelling because I wrote in a hurry.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

era mai american asha:

I just watched some footage, ground and aerials. Briefly, a guy, took o women as hostage; After that he was chased by the cops on the freeway/s. Kiddnapper was  stopped  eventually, hostage was set free and the future felon hadcuffed...

As the officer struggled to handcuff him, the anchor comented " ... "  

my comment: last year in CA, police chase on freeways were very often, almost on daily bases. It's understandable why police would use violence sometimes when troublemakers are caught. violence is used by default if the subject is resisting arrest...

if it was under my power I would toss down felon's car (if its his property and not a stolen vehicle of course) as punishment. Also, I assume a big role into this happeneings belongs to News Networks which cover these chases into news feeds and throw "glory&fame" on the troublemakers.

denis.m

denis.m

I have an idea - we'll take a topic from another area and translate it here in English. from beginning to the end. a topic from the Sexy Lounge would be prefferable as it will be much more difficult to translate. what do you think?

Lemmy

Lemmy

arunescu, on Jul 17 2005, 13:19, said:

I have an idea - we'll take a topic from another area and translate it here in English. from beginning to the end. a topic from the Sexy Lounge would be prefferable as it will be much more difficult to translate. what do you think?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think we should translate the "Autobuzistu"  :coolspeak:

add

add

Lemmy, on Jul 17 2005, 14:25, said:

I think we should translate the "Autobuzistu"  :coolspeak:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

definitely

un_oarecare

un_oarecare

arty, on Jul 17 2005, 10:40, said:

era mai american asha:

I just watched some footage, ground and aerials. Briefly, a guy, took o women as hostage; After that he was chased by the cops on the freeway/s. Kiddnapper was  stopped  eventually, hostage was set free and the future felon hadcuffed...

my comment: last year in CA, police chase on freeways were very often, almost on daily bases. It's understandable why police would use violence sometimes when troublemakers are caught. violence is used by default if the subject is resisting arrest...

if it was under my power I would toss down felon's car (if its his property and not a stolen vehicle of course) as punishment. Also, I assume a big role into this happeneings belongs to News Networks which cover these chases into news feeds and throw "glory&fame" on the troublemakers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mda... Impresionant.
Acum imi dai seama cat de firesti mi se par cuvintele astea cand le aud (desi unii zic ca nu prea inteleg engleza americana) si cat de greu le-as gasi, daca as vrea sa vorbesc  exact in stilul asta [americanesc].
Tre' sa mai studiez glosarele British2American English... -_-

active95

active95

Guru Member

arty, on Jul 17 2005, 11:40, said:

era mai american asha:

I just watched some footage, ground and aerials. Briefly, a guy, took o women as hostage; After that he was chased by the cops on the freeway/s. Kiddnapper was  stopped  eventually, hostage was set free and the future felon hadcuffed...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i just watched some footage captured by police dashboard and chopper cam ( in cazul in care helicopterul era a unei statii de televiziune--devine----- police dashboard and newschopper cam)
The whole thing started with some guy taking a woman hostage then speed on the freeway.
In the end cops freed the woman hostage and took the future felon into custody.
As the cops were struggling to cuff the guy the newscaster said ".....
As far as i could see from the cop's fast movement of elbows .........

Newscaster este folosit in loc de tv comentator, news anchor este folosit in cazul in care cel ce prezinta stirea este comentatorul principal, reporter fiind cel de pe teren.

my comment on arty's comment:
LA freeway chases are as american as apple pie :roflmaofast:  Were, are and will always be ( same as LA freeway shootings which stopped for awhile )
Indeed sometime force has to be used to catch those guys ( or -- force has to be used in apprehension of alleged suspects, to be PC :roflmaofast: ) but sometimes cops get trigger happy and use excessive force in the process.
Can't blame the news outlets. If the people wouldn't watch or if they would change the channel , ratings would go down on highspeed chases and...
But since " if it bleeds, it leads" grabs the ratings......:roflmaofast:  

As a side note i'm curious how this thing would sound in BE

Edited by active95, 17 July 2005 - 20:33.

Stars

Stars

I can't possibly see why would you prefer using AE instead of BE. Reading the last posts I got the impression that some people are really looking up towards AE..

Regarding Arunescu's proposal, of transforming this thread into an English Autobuzistu, I think it's a good idea. This thing would mean that we'd have plenty of material to work on, and maybe some interesting choices of words to comment upon. Let's see...who wants to be first? :)

Edited by Stars, 17 July 2005 - 21:39.

Lemmy

Lemmy

Stars, on Jul 17 2005, 22:39, said:

I can't possibly see why would you prefer using AE instead of BE. Reading the last posts I got the impression that some people are really looking up towards AE..

Regarding Arunescu's proposal, of transforming this thread into an English Autobuzistu, I think it's a good idea. This thing would mean that we'd have plenty of material to work on, and maybe some interesting choices of words to comment upon. Let's see...who wants to be first? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's already an English autobuzist on the english forum, I started it, of course I credited djl so there are no copyright problems, so...I kick arse (british english  :naughty: )  ;)

arty

arty

• Grup: Banned

active95, on Jul 17 2005, 11:31, said:

Indeed sometime force has to be used to catch those guys ( or -- force has to be used in apprehension of alleged suspects, to be PC :roflmaofast: ) but sometimes cops get trigger happy and use excessive force in the process.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You dident get me right. I said that force is used AFTER the chasees are caught; not in the process of getting them :D and u know what? I would give the sheriff or who the hell is there there, the right to kick the mother's ass for 10 minutes.. or... more? :)

shobi

shobi

dabăl iu ti ef?

so...here we can just write whatever goes thru(asa se scrie ??  :huh:  sau through ??) our puny little minds ??  :death:  a little knife for our friend(s) from ghici.ro ... happy easter  :lol:

Anunturi

Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă

Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă oferă pacienților oportunitatea unui tratament eficient, permițându-le o recuperare ultra rapidă și nu în ultimul rând minimizând leziunile induse chirurgical.

Echipa noastră utilizează un spectru larg de tehnici minim invazive, din care enumerăm câteva: endoscopia cu variantele ei (transnazală, transtoracică, transmusculară, etc), microscopul operator, abordurile trans tubulare și nu în ultimul rând infiltrațiile la toate nivelurile coloanei vertebrale.

www.neurohope.ro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate