Amenda in Lipsa ?

Sony-Ericsson W900

- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

sepguy

sepguy

• Grup: Members
Sony Ericsson extends Walkman family to four with first UMTS music phone - the W900

London, 17th October 2005, – Sony Ericsson today adds its first UMTS handset to the Walkman range of music phones bringing the total number of phones in the range to four. The W900 is a high quality fully specified music player, phone and imaging device capable of super-fast downloads of all types of multimedia – music, video and graphics. It follows the highly successful global market launch of the W800. Two previously announced Walkman phones are also about to launch, the W600 in the Americas and W550 in the rest of the world, meaning there are now Walkman phones meeting a broad spectrum of mobile music needs and price segments.

[ http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/products/w900/w900_offfront.jpg - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

[ http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/products/w900/w900_offback.jpg - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

As a music player, the W900 makes it easy to import, transfer, manage and play music from operators’ over-the-air (OTA) music download services, allowing tracks to be downloaded directly to the phone while on the move and, from a PC when tracks have been copied from the owner’s CD collection.

“The W900, along with the rest of the Walkman phone family, will establish a new life-style habit of enjoying superb quality music and video and a full internet web experience on the move from a single mobile device,” says Rikko Sakaguchi, Senior Vice President, Product and Application Planning of Sony Ericsson. “In our first UMTS Walkman phone we have combined fast download speeds with superb sound quality and crystal clear 30 frames a second video recording and play-back in a really simple and easy to use device. The W900 will not only appeal as a music phone. The superb communications, multimedia and imaging functionality will appeal to all those wanting a true multi-media capable device.”

Music transfer and download
One of the most appealing features of the W900 is how easy it is to import, transfer, play and manage music files. Tracks can be imported from a variety of sources, either over-the-air direct to the phone if it supports an available operator music download service, or via a PC.

Transferring digital music files from a PC to the phone is a simple ‘drag and drop’ and the W900 is also fully compatible with user-copied content from all leading music management software packages. This is particularly useful for consumers already owning another type of digital music player who want to transfer tracks that originate from their CD collection on to the W900.

The supplied Disc2Phone PC software allows the user to easily transfer music to the phone from audio CDs and a PC music collection. Disc2Phone can transfer music based on playlists and has a fun and easy-to-use shuffle functionality. The W900’s large internal 470MB user free memory provides space for between 120 and 240 songs. The storage capacity is easily increased however by inserting a Memory Stick PRO Duo, currently available in retail outlets at up to 2GB, giving space for up to 1,000 tracks. Music files can be stored in all the key formats: MP3, AAC or AAC+, MIDI, WAV and XMF.

Functionality and design
The versatile swivel design makes it easy to multitask between the W900’s many functions, a feature which gives the phone an advantage over dedicated music players. The direct music buttons get the user swiftly into the Walkman player where it is possible to scroll through play lists, artists or individual songs. Users fed up with missing calls because they are listening to music will love the fact that the phone’s ringtone cuts into the audio and pauses the track while the user takes the call.

The phone swivels open automatically with the lightest of touches, revealing a large keypad. Virtually all functions can be performed with the phone closed, and users can read messages or search through their music library without opening the phone.

Imaging and multimedia
More than a fully featured music player, the W900 is a highly advanced imaging and multimedia device with broadband-fast download speeds, smooth, responsive browse capabilities and a large, 2.2 inch QVGA 262K TFT screen, one of the brightest ever seen on a mobile phone.

The 2 Megapixel, autofocus camera with LED flash- or picture-light is perfect for capturing priceless moments and, thanks to the Sony Ericsson dual fronted design, is operated with both hands in a horizontal position for maximum stability. The camera also shoots video at up to 30fps (frames per second), double the speed of most conventional imaging phones and the playback quality threshold for television.

With the supplied Adobe PC software, pictures and videos can be easily imported to a PC as soon as the phone is connected using the fast USB connection. They can then be edited, printed and shared using the easy-to-use and powerful Adobe software, and videos can be played back using Apple QuickTime Player.

As an entertainment device the W900 exploits the UMTS-delivered capabilities to the full, delivering fast and smooth download and browsing of video, games, sound and graphics. The high performance 3D Java gaming engine is put to the test with the embedded Asphalt Urban GT 3D from Gameloft, where users can experience the thrills of extreme racing at the wheel of the ultimate sports cars.

Accessories
The W900 is the first Sony Ericsson phone to be supplied with a Stereo Portable Handsfree HPM-80 with remote control, that allows the user to operate the Walkman player without removing it from their pocket. A USB cable and Disc2Phone PC software for transfer and management of music files are also included in the box.
W900 Availability
The W900 UMTS Walkman phone is available in black or white and will be commercially available end Q4 2005. The variants will be:

* W900i - Dual mode UMTS (2100MHz) - GPRS 900/1800/1900 for Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East, Africa
* W900c - Dual mode UMTS (2100MHz) - GPRS 900/1800/1900 for Mainland China. Launch for mainland China dependant on availability of 3G services.

[ http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/products/w900/w900_offmain.jpg - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

[ http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/products/w900/w900_offsides.jpg - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

Imaging and messaging
* 2.0 MegaPixel camera with Autofocus
* Video call camera
* Digital Still Camera user interface
* 8 x digital zoom
* LED photo light
* 240 x 320 pixel QVGA TFT display
* 2.2” 262K color display
* Video recording and full screen playback
* Adobe Photoshop Starter Edition 2.0
* Apple QuickTime Player for PC
* SMS and MMS
* Instant Messaging
* Push e-mail

* Entertainment Video Call
* PlayNow™ ringtones and games
* Walkman® player (MP3/AAC/AAC+)
* Stereo Portable Handsfree with remote control (3.5mm jack)
* 40 polyphonic tones
* Java J2ME™ and hardware Accelerator
* Embedded Java games: Asphalt Urban GT 3d from Gameloft, Power Ball Arcade in 3D, QuadraPop in 2D
* MegaBass™
* Macromedia® Flash Lite™
* VideoDJ™, PhotoDJ™, MusicDJ™
* Disc2Phone PC Software
* PlayNow™ ringtones and games
* Horizontal full screen games
* FM Radio

* Connectivity Sync ML.
* HTML browser
* BluetoothTM and Infrared
* PC Suite
* USB cable in the box
* USB mass storage
* Memory Stick™ PRO Duo slot
* External antenna connector

[ http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/products/w900/w900_offfrontside.jpg - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

[ http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/products/w900/w900_offfrontopen.jpg - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

shobi

shobi

dabăl iu ti ef?

• Grup: Senior Members
si uite asa se duce la vale, incet - incet suprematia nokia ... nu as fi mare fan sony ericsson pentru ce struto-camile au, dar m-ar tenta in viitor un k750i(sau chiar un w800i) mai ales ca ar scadea pretul o data cu introducerea lui w900i .... oricum, mi-e si frica sa ma gandesc ce mobile o sa apara peste vreo 2-3 ani :w00t:

cobe

cobe

:inlove:

sepguy

sepguy

Ma cam bate gandu sa schimb w800 cu asta cand apare, are cam tot ce-i lipseste (video 320x240@30 fps, telecomanda cu display, ecran MARE, browser html, umts)...dar sincer, dimensiunile ma cam sperie si nici designul tastelor nu mi se pare dintre cele mai reusite.
Raman de vazut pretul si specificatiile in detaliu !

cipros

cipros

full review aici

un mic video facut cu W900i aici

W900i in familie

nsec

nsec

Varianta in ALB imi da impresia ca e un Apple ... ambele arata ireprosabil ! Felicitari Sony-Ericsson ! Pacat ca inca nu s-a trecut la adoptarea ideii ca viitorul apartine telefoanelor de tip "smartphone" fie ele cu Microsoft Windows Mobile sau Symbian dar sunt sigur ca un SE W900 + Windows Mobile ar sparge gura targului ...

cipros

cipros

frumoasa prezentare aici

ThEDaMn3d

ThEDaMn3d

Finally my dream became true: un K750i/W800i cu UMTS.

Abia astept sa fie disponibil la noi, insa avand in vedere dotarile, cred ca va fi cam scump...

cipros

cipros

cateva poze "made in USA" =>aici<=   :D

Just luv it!

connectorxp

connectorxp

Avid mountaineer.

• Grup: Moderators
Super , imi place f mult .
Daca pe K500i se vedea bine Asphalt Urban GT 3D , pe acesta cred ca se va cedea super clar, fluient si relist, am auzit (nu stiu cat de adevarat este) ca W900i este dotat cu chip grafic Nvidia GoForce 4800 .

As da 2 E1000 pe el nu unu .

cipros

cipros

View Postconnectorxp, on Nov 17 2005, 14:22, said:

Super , imi place f mult .
Daca pe K500i se vedea bine Asphalt Urban GT 3D , pe acesta cred ca se va cedea super clar, fluient si relist, am auzit (nu stiu cat de adevarat este) ca W900i este dotat cu chip grafic Nvidia GoForce 4800 .

As da 2 E1000 pe el nu unu .

hai sa nu vorbim din basme cu NVidia ...  :D  cat despre 2 x E1000  , ar trebui sa dai 3  :D , inca nu a iesit pe piata dar in curand ( jumatatea lunii decembrie) va fi , chiar in unele magazine sau pe internet poate fi facuta deja comanda pt ca cererea va fi foarte mare ! si pretul nu va fi chiar exagerat 639,90€ acum , dar pe parcurs se va diminua ! Deja cand a iesit S700i pe piata a iesit la un pret mult mai mare decat al lui W900i de acum (nu mai retin exact dar era in jur de 800€ si acum e la jumatate!) .Da este adevarat este un super telefon dar eu ezit sa il iau pt.ca este destul de marisor !(chiar mai mare decat S700i si i-mi amintesc ce jenant era cu el in buzunar sau cand il deschideam trebuia sa ma ascund   :D )

cipros

cipros

View Postcipros, on Nov 17 2005, 14:44, said:

hai sa nu vorbim din basme cu NVidia ...

Ma contrazic si i-mi "biiip" una ! :wallbash:

Intr-adevar sa mai vorbit de chestia asta , dar toata lumea  nega ; chiar anumite sit-uri nu specificau asta , din contra ! Dar acum ca a iesit pe piata si au fost facute teste peste teste sa descoperit ARE NVIDIA 3D
Scuze inca o data pentru afirmatia pe care am facut-o !!!

o frumoasa galerie de poze =>aici<=

Codename

Codename

Regele și Regina Cașcavalului

Într-adevăr chipul nVidia GoForce 4800 se află în acest telefon. Pentru o idee despre puterea acestui chip, iată principalele sale caracteristici:

• 1280KB memorie pe 128 biți
• Înregistrare sau redare MPEG-4 în rezoluție VGA la 30fps
• Full-duplex MPEG-4: CIF la 30fps (pentru video-telefonie)

Este incredibil ce demo-uri rulează pe acest chip! Dawn, cunoscută de la seria GeForce FX a ajuns să fie recreată pe ecranele telefoanelor mobile! N-o să vă vină să credeți așa ceva! :w00t:

Attached File  Dawn_Handheld_Demo.jpg   61.07K   89 downloads

Dar despre chip-ul GoForce 4800 vom vorbi mai pe lag într-un alt topic.

Edited by Codename, 07 December 2005 - 10:56.

cipros

cipros

Daca stam bine sa ne gandim nu este chiar asa mare ... ;)

sharp 903 vs w900i

[ http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2093/img10879gy.jpg - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

cipros

cipros

Veste buna pentru cei care nu l-au achizitionat inca si veste proasta pentru cei care au fost nerabdatori !
In Belgia W900i a iesit pe piata acum o saptamana la pretul de 640€ , acum a ajuns deja la 589,90€ !Un sfat pt. cei care vor sa-l cumpere acum : mai asteptati putin , se va intampla exact ca la S700i, poate chiar mai bine, luand in consideratie aceasta scadere de pret in numai 1 saptamana !

:rolleyes:

Edited by cipros, 08 December 2005 - 14:28.

cipros

cipros

SE W900i review and comparison   with Sharp 903

[ http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7813/051210132015ey18gt.jpg - Pentru incarcare in pagina (embed) Click aici ]

rodmanel

rodmanel

castile se vand separat ??? dak da , Y!M  rodmanel, vreau sa le cumpar !!!!!

Anunturi

Bun venit pe Forumul Softpedia!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate