Sfaturi recuperare cont facebook

Visa complaints

- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Travis

Travis

• Grup: Validating
Have you had a bad experience at the American Consulate in Bucharest? Do you believe that you were abused by the consulate in your case?An American journalist wants to expose the visa scandal at the US Consulate. He needs stories.

Greuceanu

Greuceanu

• Grup: Senior Members
I think one thread is enough. I hope you get my point.

tim

tim

• Grup: Members

View PostTravis, on Sep 14 2008, 15:51, said:

Have you had a bad experience at the American Consulate in Bucharest? Do you believe that you were abused by the consulate in your case?An American journalist wants to expose the visa scandal at the US Consulate. He needs stories.
I got my first US visa in 2004 when I was 24 years old, single, switched job in the past 3 months, the perfect candidate to remain in US)... but I had two old passports full of visas (over 30 countries visited). The interview was swift and the questions were decent (why I switched jobs, if I have relatives in US, etc). I got a visitor visa with multiple entries valid for 1 year.

I applied again in 2006 and the interview in my case took less than 20 seconds: Officer: When do you plan to visit US  ? Me: Don't know, I just want to have the visa in my passport.. just in case I need it. I got a visitors visa valid for 10 years (I used it 4 or 5 times since then).

Now I ask you, how can the officer approve an application for someone who never traveled outside Romania, was never in a plane before and wants to "visit US" ? From what I've seen most of the cases are like this, so people will get angry when their application is turned down and they get upset and blame the system. Personally, I don't think there's a story in here.. at least not in Romania. If you know more, please share.

herlino

herlino

I applied a couple of years ago and my application for a tourist visa was rejected. I was around the same age as the above poster, had the same job for 2-3 years, a good income, a nice amount in my accounts, well traveled on 3 continents, and I wanted to meet some friends of mine in NY, then go to Las Vegas, for my birthday.

They said that I didn`t have many ties to my country, that`s why they rejected my application.
Like I`m going to leave my job and the comfortable life that I have here, to work for minimum wage at some Burger King in Mississippi, or pick oranges in California...

The embassy people need to learn that things have changed here, not all Romanians want to go and work illegally in the US. Some of them can afford to go on vacation there, spend some money, have a good time.

Edited by herlino, 15 September 2008 - 09:21.

LoveDemon

LoveDemon

Internet Lodger

• Grup: Moderators

View Posttim, on Sep 14 2008, 23:44, said:

Now I ask you, how can the officer approve an application for someone who never traveled outside Romania, was never in a plane before and wants to "visit US" ?
What does that have to do with anything?

tim

tim

View PostLoveDemon, on Sep 16 2008, 21:05, said:

What does that have to do with anything?
Everything, because people usually lie at the interview saying they want to "visit" US but they don't provide any proofs showing they are indeed genuine travellers.
The are mistakes too, but it's also your problem if you don't know how to present your case before the officer.

herlino

herlino

Tim

That may be right, but there are a lot of cases where people who never traveled outside RO have a genuine interest in visiting the US, as tourists. For example, I know a guy, middle-aged, who never traveled anywhere. Last year he sold some inherited properties, and became a millionaire ( in Euros, US $, Pounds, whatever you like ). So his application for a tourist visa should be rejected just because he never visited other countries ?

And also the requirements for money are not clear. Don`t they ( embassy people ) know that with a couple of thousands of dollars you can have a long and great vacation in America ? That with the money I spend, let`s say only on a plane ticket to the Maldives, I can fly to the US and also pay for a week at a nice hotel in Vegas ? They need to talk with the people that apply for visas, not just for 30 seconds or less.

tim

tim

View Postherlino, on Sep 17 2008, 09:50, said:

Tim

That may be right, but there are a lot of cases where people who never traveled outside RO have a genuine interest in visiting the US, as tourists. For example, I know a guy, middle-aged, who never traveled anywhere. Last year he sold some inherited properties, and became a millionaire ( in Euros, US $, Pounds, whatever you like ). So his application for a tourist visa should be rejected just because he never visited other countries ?
It's all about how you present your case. If you go before the officer telling him: you know I inherited a large fortune and I need to go to US, he will reject your application... but if you provide some documents showing that you really inherited a fortune and you need to be in US, I'm sure they will grant the visa right away.

View Postherlino, on Sep 17 2008, 09:50, said:

And also the requirements for money are not clear. Don`t they ( embassy people ) know that with a couple of thousands of dollars you can have a long and great vacation in America ? That with the money I spend, let`s say only on a plane ticket to the Maldives, I can fly to the US and also pay for a week at a nice hotel in Vegas ? They need to talk with the people that apply for visas, not just for 30 seconds or less.
Same: it's how you present your case. The person in front of me spent 15 minutes with the officer and I guess her visa was rejected by the look on her face, so the officer will spend time with you if you have things to discuss.  

Be honest, bring supporting documents and you should be fine. It worked for me and many others I know. For instance, it was more difficult to get a New Zealand visa (took me 3 months in 2006).

shiva

shiva

Nameless hero. Professional bug slayer mom.

• Grup: Senior Members
My company wanted to sent me in US, for a business trip. My visa was rejected twice.
Btw, it's not a small company and it has been on the outsourcing market for 10 years. A lot of colleagues travel in US, every year, in order to have direct contact with the clients.

NO COMMENT.

Edited by shiva, 05 October 2008 - 09:54.

Anunturi

Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă

Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă oferă pacienților oportunitatea unui tratament eficient, permițându-le o recuperare ultra rapidă și nu în ultimul rând minimizând leziunile induse chirurgical.

Echipa noastră utilizează un spectru larg de tehnici minim invazive, din care enumerăm câteva: endoscopia cu variantele ei (transnazală, transtoracică, transmusculară, etc), microscopul operator, abordurile trans tubulare și nu în ultimul rând infiltrațiile la toate nivelurile coloanei vertebrale.

www.neurohope.ro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate