Cot cu talpa montat stramb in per...

Apple TV vs Mac Mini

- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

candycaw

candycaw

• Grup: Members
What would be the better way to get my iTunes content over to the big screen, Mac Mini or Apple TV?

Here’s a handy table comparing the two products (information on the Apple TV was found at Ars Technica citing AppleInsider).
Apple TV :
Price: $299
Audio Output : HDMI, optical audio, analog RCA stereo audio
Hard Drive: 40GB
CD/DVD: None
Processor: 1.0GHz Pentium underclocked on a 350MHz bus
RAM: 256MB of 400MHz DDR2
Software (selected): Apple TV interface (modified Front Row)
Video RAM : nVidia G72M with 64MB DDR2 Video Memory
Wireless Features: 802.11b, g, n
Weight: 2.4lbs
Video Output: HDMI, component video

Mac mini:
Price: $599
Audio Output: Combined optical digital audio output/headphone out
Hard Drive: 60GB
CD/DVD: Combo Drive (DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
Processor: 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo
RAM:512MB (Video RAM shares this RAM)
Software (selected): Mac OS X, iLife, Front Row
Video RAM: Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory
Wireless Features: 802.11b, g and Bluetooth 2.0
Weight: 2.9lbs
Video Output: DVI, VGA with included adapter, S-Video and composite video with optional adapter

I am sure there are more considerations to ponder in making your decision, but if you get lost or confused just ask yourself, “What do I want to do with this thing?” Once you know the use of the product, you may have a clearer idea of what to chose.

Well, what should you get?

candycaw

candycaw

If we buy one of Apple TV, does that mean we can download movies anywhere (such as FreeMovieNow or EZMovies) on the iMac, and then watch them on our widescreen tv?

I’ve never downloaded movies before either, so that’s a mystery for us too.

Or, do we have to purchase movies and tv shows from the iTunes store in order to watch them on the tv with the Apple TV dealie?

Centris

Centris

we should expect iTV to be paired with iTunes Store and cumbersome ways to add your content. other than that, the iTV seems equiped for the future with the HDMI connector. i would wait to see how it interconnects with computers and how does it handle other media.

hanaku

hanaku

It's doubtful that the aTV will be able to play movies downloaded from FreeMovieNow or EZMovies. It's unclear what format the movies from those sites are, but I doubt they are formats that aTV supports.

Get ready to spend some time converting. Most of those formats are identical to what the iPod requires to play video with the exception of the 1280x720.

Yesterday I wanded to search some news about Apple TV, but, unexpected I found Imtoo Apple TV video converter!

How fast a new manufacture is devised today!
That maybe can solve the problem above,
But if imtoo Apple TV video converter can do a good job, it may have a conclusion after test it
It can free download: http://www.imtoo.com...o-converter.exe

Are there anyelse converter software relate with Apple TV?
Tell me here; let's discuss which the best is!

Certainly, free is the best!

candycaw

candycaw

Thanks all of you!

I have used other product of imtoo, it is very easy to use, but Apple video converter~~~~
It need time to approve if it is a useful tools

Fane

Fane

cipat

• Grup: Senior Members
va mai merge airplay pe apple tv 2?

Anunturi

Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă

Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă oferă pacienților oportunitatea unui tratament eficient, permițându-le o recuperare ultra rapidă și nu în ultimul rând minimizând leziunile induse chirurgical.

Echipa noastră utilizează un spectru larg de tehnici minim invazive, din care enumerăm câteva: endoscopia cu variantele ei (transnazală, transtoracică, transmusculară, etc), microscopul operator, abordurile trans tubulare și nu în ultimul rând infiltrațiile la toate nivelurile coloanei vertebrale.

www.neurohope.ro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate