- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Courage

Courage

Founder

• Grup: Senior Members
http://www.blogmaver...34000257073723/

This is an opinion piece. So take it as such. To all those who have asked me.  This is why I think clickfraud FAR exceeds what is being published by search companies.

1. Bad guys  exist.
2. Bad guys who like to break into computers systems exist for profit. Playing Thermo Nuclear War no longer cuts it.
3. Bad guy crackers (ok, thats redundant)  will exert how ever much social or technical hacking as is required to grab and sell credit cards and other digital assets. Knowing the return is decent, but the jail risk is more than trivial.
4. The Bad Guys  have figured out that the risk of proving they are breaking the law with click fraud is minimal. Try explaining the difference to authorities between a blog, a splog and a website that is trying to make money from any of the many, many affiliate marketing programs that also happens to host adsense or other ad publishing network ads.
5. The Bad Guys have figured out that they look a lot more legit getting checks from google than trying to wash 10k dollars in cash delivered in a bag.
6. The Bad Guys have figured out that  untold amounts of dollars are being spent on an ongoing basis by the biggest companies in the world to try to stop them from stealing data that has disputable value and is difficult to sell.  Why waste time there when search engine companies, even with the maybe 20 best and brightest assigned to the problem are no match for the legions of hackers around the world who see the easy money and are happy to grab it.
7. The number of splog/fake websites being created EVERY HOUR is exploding. Based on the comments Im getting on my blog from what must  be legions of boiler rooms creating marginally understandable comments , with links back to “affiliate websites” and legit email addresses in an effort to legitimize those sites. There must be just as many more in place to sign up those sites for ad publishing networks to act as hosts for fraudulent clicks

Now i have no idea how much money is being lost to click fraud. All i know is that when the black hats see easy money, they take it. I also know that they are greedy and a jealous bunch. The more they see the more they take, so you can pretty well bet that the amount of click fraud is going up by the minute.

And no amount of IP repetition algorithms are going to stop them.

Again, this is all opinion. No investigative reporting going on. Yet.

Maybe my next post on this subject will about keyword arbitrage and how its inflating numbers for search engines. Its a simple , somewhat risky, but very workable concept. I buy words on a publishing network on a CPC basis for 10c and I link to a page with outbound links on keywords or affiliate networks that pay more.  So if i can buy the keyword “YoBaby” for 50c per click, and have that link to a page full of links that are paying me 5 dollars per click and more than 10pct of my users “click out”, Im making money.

It also means the Ad Publisher is getting paid twice for nonsense traffic. Not a bad business for them and the arb. The advertiser paying the 5 dollars per click… Well thats another story.

**updated june 2, with respect to hackers who thrive on finding meaning in the morass**

Citind acest blog  nu pot sa nu ii dau dreptate autorului...
Din pacate intreg sistemul CPC se bazeaza pe tinerea in intuneric a ambelor parti (publisheri si advertiseri).

Se introduce in subconstientul "victimei" ca marii advertiseri au tehnologii uimitoare ce detecteaza click fraud, insa din pacate.. pana acum rezultatele facute publice ne indica urmatoarele:
- pot detecta fraudele grosolane (ex N clicks pe N site-uri de pe acelasi IP)
- pot detecta valuri de click-uri si le aplica automat filtre procentuale :)
Adesea se observa ca in ciuda faptului ca iti creste traficul substantial.. veniturile stagneaza sau, mai rau, chiar se micsoreaza !

Din cand in cand mai auzim de un "click-fraud settlement" si apoi... nimic, ca si cum fenomenul ar fi stopat !

Pe langa acest click-fraud mai exista "spamul" realizat de site-urile MFA, fenomen din ce in ce mai extins.

Am ajuns ca cele 200 de filtre oferite de Google sa nu mai fie indeajuns.
Nu numai ca sunt multe, insa au mai multe URL-uri ce duc pe acea pagina, ceea ce face sa fie ff. greu de filtrat.
Multe dintre aceste MFA sites vand produse "antispyware" ce colcaie de programe publicitare (adware+spyware), insa G nu spune nimic.. este tot legal !

Aceste probleme ingreuneaza sistemul si sper ca nu il va ingenunchia, pt ca vor avea de suferit tocmai partile inocente: advertiserii si publisherii reali !

necromanc

necromanc

Legat de protejarea impotriva acestor "Bad Guy", care nu fac decat rau ce pot face pentru a preveni un click fraud ? Ce imi recomanzi ?

Se poate da in judecata o persoana pentru ca a facut "n" clickuri la tine pe reclame ? :)

Bold

Bold

• Grup: Members

View Postnecromanc, on Jun 11 2006, 10:54, said:

Legat de protejarea impotriva acestor "Bad Guy", care nu fac decat rau ce pot face pentru a preveni un click fraud ? Ce imi recomanzi ?

Se poate da in judecata o persoana pentru ca a facut "n" clickuri la tine pe reclame ? :)
Cum sa dai in judecata o persoana care navigheaza pe site-ul tau? Si cum descoperi o asemenea persoana? Singurul care poate face ceva este Google, care fie nu plateste clickurile, fie iti da un ban pentru "invalid clicks". Cum vrea muschiul lui. Daca vrei sa te protejezi cumva, stopeaza afisarea reclamei dupa sa zicem 10 pagini vizualizate, dar nici asta nu este chiar foarte bun, daca persoana chiar vrea sa te elimine din adsense.

Courage

Courage

Founder

Ce spui tu este SF :)

Asa cum era de asteptat content network-urile incep sa fie marginalizate...

http://forum.softped...howtopic=136575

Anunturi

Chirurgia cranio-cerebrală minim invazivă Chirurgia cranio-cerebrală minim invazivă

Tehnicile minim invazive impun utilizarea unei tehnologii ultramoderne.

Endoscoapele operatorii de diverse tipuri, microscopul operator dedicat, neuronavigația, neuroelectrofiziologia, tehnicile avansate de anestezie, chirurgia cu pacientul treaz reprezintă armamentarium fără de care neurochirurgia prin "gaura cheii" nu ar fi posibilă. Folosind tehnicile de mai sus, tratăm un spectru larg de patologii cranio-cerebrale.

www.neurohope.ro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate