Interview with Richard Freeman, a Gentoo developer, Council and Trustees member

- - - - -
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ovilix

ovilix

• Grup: Senior Members
http://blogs.gentoo....Trustees_member

Where do you see Gentoo 5 years from now?
I think we’ll be providing better support for an even greater variety of configurations, including full support for both systemd and openrc (or something like it), prefix (and RAP), and hardened.
Can you describe your personal desktop setup (WM/DE)?
I run KDE. I’ve always preferred KDE, though in the early days of KDE4 I ended up switching to Xfce. Since then I’ve gotten more RAM and KDE has tended to demand less of it so I’m once again happy with it. That said, I don’t tend to rely on the “DE” aspects of KDE that much, but it is nice to be able to use a “fish://” URI when the need arises.

What are the specs of your current boxes?
I don’t tend to spend a lot on hardware, and I haven’t bought a vendor-built PC since Y2K (though I’m happily typing this on a Cr-48 that Google graciously sent to me after only light begging – that is based on Gentoo at least). My main box is a Phenom II X4 965 with 8GB RAM (I’m sometimes tempted to bump that up a bit). I also run Gentoo on my mythtv front-end, and that an Atom-330 based diskless system with 2GB of RAM and an NVidia ION.

tybanu

tybanu

• Grup: Members
Richard "Freeman" Stallman cumva?

ovilix

ovilix

• Grup: Senior Members
Esti ironic.
Si o faci gratuit.

Anunturi

Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă

Chirurgia spinală minim invazivă oferă pacienților oportunitatea unui tratament eficient, permițându-le o recuperare ultra rapidă și nu în ultimul rând minimizând leziunile induse chirurgical.

Echipa noastră utilizează un spectru larg de tehnici minim invazive, din care enumerăm câteva: endoscopia cu variantele ei (transnazală, transtoracică, transmusculară, etc), microscopul operator, abordurile trans tubulare și nu în ultimul rând infiltrațiile la toate nivelurile coloanei vertebrale.

www.neurohope.ro

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forumul Softpedia foloseste "cookies" pentru a imbunatati experienta utilizatorilor Accept
Pentru detalii si optiuni legate de cookies si datele personale, consultati Politica de utilizare cookies si Politica de confidentialitate